Adhesive bonding in Electronics
Adhesive bonding of dissimilar substrates is a widely used joining technique in the electronics industry. Surface functionalization methods such as activation or chemical priming are often required to ensure a long-lasting bond. The technologies commonly used for this purpose have significant limitations.
- use of toxic solvents
- manual or semi-manual operation
- limited operating window due to time constraints
- limited repeatability and reliability due to difficulty to controlling processes
- impossibility to have in-line quality control and/or inspection
- insufficient performance on materials such as polyolefins and elastomers
Our MolecularGrip™ helps manufacturers of electronic components, flexible electronics, 5G systems, etc. overcome a wide range of adhesion challenges.
Because our technology operates at ambient temperature and no sparks are generated during the creation of the plasma, it is the ultimate reliable, safe, and easily scalable technology for the electronics industry.