Adhesive bonding in Automotive
Adhesive bonding of dissimilar substrates is a widely used joining technique in the automotive industry. Surface functionalization methods such as activation or chemical priming are often required to ensure a long-lasting bond. The technologies commonly used for this purpose have significant limitations.
- use of toxic solvents
- manual or semi-manual operation
- limited operating window due to time constraints
- limited repeatability and reliability due to difficulty controlling processes
- impossibility to have in-line quality control and/or inspection
- insufficient performance on materials such as polyolefins and elastomers
Our MolecularGrip™ technology solves all of these limitations:
- zero-emission process
- fully automatable
- full SPC
- 100% inspection possible
- permanent surface modification >> no time constraints
Furthermore, our technology enables the development of next generation advanced composites by increasing the strength of the bond between the fibre material (carbon, polyolefin, polyester, natural, …) and the polymer matrix. See Advanced Composites section.