Adhesive bonding in Aerospace
Adhesive bonding of dissimilar substrates is a widely used joining technique in the aerospace industry. Surface functionalization methods such as activation or chemical priming are often required to ensure a long-lasting bond. The technologies commonly used for this have significant limitations:
- use of toxic solvents
- manual or semi-manual operation
- limited operating window due to time constraints
- limited repeatability and reliability due to difficulty to controlling processes
- impossibility to have inline quality control and/or inspection
- insufficient performance on materials such as polyolefins and elastomers
Our MolecularGrip™ technology solves all of these limitations:
- zero-emission process
- fully automatable
- full SPC
- 100% inspection possible
- permanent surface modification >> no time constraints
Furthermore, our technology enables the development of next generation advanced composites by increasing the strength of the bond between the fibre material (carbon, polyolefin, polyester, natural, …) and the polymer matrix.
See Surface Functionalities for an overview of the solutions we can offer with our technology.
If you have any questions or require a specific surface functionality for any of your products, please contact us.
© Molecular Plasma Group 2023| by cncpt